Verification of Higher Degree

Procedures for Verification of Higher Degree

If you have earned a higher degree your placement on the current salary schedule may change. In order to make that determination we will need the following:

  1. A letter or e-mail from you requesting that we submit your transcript for verification of higher degree.
  2. A sealed transcript from the institution of higher education accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies indicated below.
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools         
    • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
    • Middle State Association of Colleges and Schools
    • Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  3. The Human Resources Department will complete the proper forms and submit it, along with your original, sealed transcript, to ALSDE for verification.
  4. When your higher degree is recognized by the State for pay purposes, Human Resources will notify the Finance Office of the change.  The effective date of the salary change will begin on the date the State recognizes your higher degree.  If the higher degree is conferred at the end of the school year, the placement change on the salary schedule will begin the following school year.