View our Presentation: Meadow View Elementary
Meadow View Elementary School, located in Alabaster, Alabama, opened its doors to over 800 students in the year 2000. Since that time our city has experienced tremendous growth making MVES one of the largest K-3 schools in Shelby County, Alabama, including a grant-funded pre-Kindergarten program (CHAMPS- Cultivating High Achieving Motivated Preschool Students), and two additional preschool classes. Our administration, faculty and staff have responded to this growth by creating an inclusive environment where everyone belongs and contributes, as we continue this mission as a part of the Alabaster City Schools District (2013).
Administrators, faculty, and staff recognize that everyone, including our parents and community, participates in providing a safe and productive learning environment. Along with our emphasis on community engagement, we seek to provide students with opportunities to celebrate personal and academic achievements. We believe that parent and community engagement enhances such achievements and promotes the success of our students as learners towards becoming future community leaders. We offer many opportunities for all stakeholders to become involved with our school culture, and we believe that student achievement is enhanced not only by parent support, but also by our dedicated and highly qualified staff of teachers and administrators. Meadow View Elementary School offers a wide range of unique opportunities for learning, health and enrichment.
As a Title I funded school, Meadow View Elementary School has additional funding that enables us to provide up-to-date technological resources, programs, and additional instruction for all students. We believe that such opportunities have enriched and provided a well-rounded foundation for both students and parents. The foundation of our academic curriculum is based on the Alabama College-and-Career Ready Standards (CCRS) for each subject area. Physical education, art, music, technology, and library are also a regular part of our curriculum. We provide additional resources and instruction for students with disabilities, special needs, gifted students, and English Language Learners (ELL) while remaining a fully inclusive school. Meadow View Elementary houses a Title III funded program which provides instruction for parents of any student(s) in the Alabaster City School Systems who lack English language proficiency. MVES also offers regular parent workshops in the areas of reading, math, parenting, and other timely areas of interest.
All administrators and faculty of Meadow View Elementary School maintain highly qualified status with a majority holding advanced degrees. In addition, all paraprofessionals at MVES are required to be highly qualified. Approximately 95% of teachers have been ARI (Alabama Reading Initiative) and AMSTI (Alabama Math, Science, and Technology Initiative) trained. Meadow View has had many accomplishments and events to celebrate during the 2018-2019 Academic School Year. The dedicated and highly-qualified staff of MVES continues to celebrate our success with an increase in test scores. MVES has celebrated gains in all academic areas over the past four years.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Official Bicentennial School of Excellence - 2018
- CLAS Banner School of Distinction Award - 2017
- Outstanding School Award (Outstanding service and dedication to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault) for 2003 by Safe House
- School Culture Award for 2007 and 2008 from Shelby County Schools
- Gold Award of Distinction in the Healthier U.S. School Challenge for May 2010-May 2014 from United States Department of Agriculture
- Pasta for Pennies – Overall Top Fundraising School – 1st Place: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Safe Schools Initiative Award for 2007 and 2014 (MVES received an additional nomination in 2012) by the State Department of Alabama
- MVES was awarded the WAY Grant from The Institute for America's Health 2014
- Summer Feeding Program Site for Alabaster City Schools – Beginning Summer 2014 through Summer 2019 (Free breakfast and lunch for children under the age of 18; low cost for adults)
Meadow View Elementary School
2800 Smokey Road
Alabaster, Alabama 35007
Phone: 205-685-4300 Fax: 205-621-4943