My Email: Laura.Wren@acsboe.org
School Phone Number: (205)685-6100
Welcome to Preschool! I can't wait to spend the year with my new friends - we are going to learn so many FUN and EXCITING things this year!
I am anxiously excited to start my 26th year of my teaching career is special education. I have taught early childhood/elementary age students through high school students. It was during my years of teaching high school students that I realized the importance of early early intervention and the benefit of starting services at the earliest age possible. My love for preschool started form there!
My Teaching Goals:
- to identify each child's strengths, preferences, and interests to engage the child in active learning
- to identify skills to target instruction to help a child become adaptive, competent, socially connected, and engaged and to promote learning in natural and inclusive environments
- to gather and use data to inform decisions about individualized instruction
- to plan for and provide the level of support, accommodations, and adaptations needed for the child to access, participate, and learn within and across activities and routines
- to embed instruction within and across routines, activities, and environments, to provide contextually relevant learning opportunities
- to use systematic instructional strategies with fidelity to teach skills and to promote child engagement and learning
- to use explicit feedback and consequences to increase child engagement and learning
- to use coaching or consultation strategies with primary caregivers or other adults to facilitate positive adult-child interactions and instruction intentionally designed to promote child learning and development