2021-2022 TMS PE Mission Statement:
During these uncertain times, our goal is to teach our students another side of Physical Education by helping them focus on their own health, physical fitness, and good sportsmanship. In turn, we hope to share knowledge that will help them make better decisions for their personal health, resulting in higher self-esteem and more confidence.
My name is Tonnie Glover, and I am a 6th year Physical Education teacher at TMS and have found a wonderful home here with an incredible staff and amazing students. As a graduate of Thompson High School and having children as products of ACS, I am passionate about this school system, the Alabaster community. My believe in helping students along their journey to becoming citizens that will help shape and mold our world for the better.
I have been married 25 years and have two amazing kids, one of which just graduated from The Universtiy of Alabama this spring and will be teaching 9th grade English and coaching volleyball at THS, and my son, who begins his junior year at UA as well. I coached volleyball for 24 years for various age groups at Alabama Juniors Volleyball Club and for Thompson. I am currently taking a break from coaching and focusing on teaching!
My goal is to always model and exemplify good character to my family first, my students, my coworkers and to anyone I come in contact with. My passion is to inspire each student to understand that they have purpose, and that they are filled with uptapped gifts and talents beyond what they could imagine!
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from the University Montevallo - 2015
- Attended Samford University on Volleyball Scholarship - 1995-1996
- Graduated From Thompson High School in 1995
- Currently in 5rd year teaching at TMS (And LOVE it!)
- 21 Years - Volleyball Coach for Alabama Juniors
- 10 Years - Volleyball Coach for Various Thompson Teams
- Currently - 7th Grade Volleyball Coach
- 2016 Metro Coach of the Year
- 2018 Metro Coach of the Year