Preschool Speech-Language Guidelines
- Please adhere to your therapy time. Typically, sessions are scheduled every 30 minutes, so it is not possible for us to take your child early. Also, therapy time will be reduced accordingly for late arrivals as to not impact other students' scheduled sessions.
- Parents of students who receive drop in services may leave the premesis; however, please return before your child's session is finished.
- If you need to discuss any aspect of therapy, please do so at the beginning of the therapy session. Home notes are typically sent after every session, but if you wish to discuss specific details of the session afterwards, please arrive 5 minutes prior to the end of the session.
- Watching therapy sessions is welcome; however, we have noticed that our students typically behave differently for us when their parents are in the room. This may impact data and therapy efficiency.
- If you must cancel a therapy session, please email or call our office as soon as possible and let us know. If you call outside school hours, you may leave a message, which will be automatically emailed to us.
- Please do not bring your child to therapy if they have been ill in the last 24 hours. We often work with children who have compromised immune systems and do not wish to pass illnesses around. Please refer to the "How Sick is Too Sick?" article. Therapy sessions will not be rescheduled.
- Preschool services follow the Alabaster City Schools academic calendar. Services scheduled for holidays, weather days, or school breaks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, summer, etc.) will be cancelled.
- Our ultimate goal is for your child to have fun and meet his or her IEP goals. If "homework" packets are sent, please make every effort to work with your child on these skills! Even 5 minutes per day will bring about great changes.