The school is located at 1509 Kent Dairy Road, Alabaster, Alabama 35007. As of September 9, 2015 enrollment is 1005 students. Of these students, 62% are Caucasian, 18% are African American, 17% are Hispanic and 3% are Asian, multi-race, or Pacific Islander. TMS has 3 administrators including a principal, a 7th grade assistant principal, and an 8th grade assistant principal. TMS has a guidance counselor for each grade level. These counselors provide students with academic and personal guidance in one on one and small group settings. TMS cooperates with community agencies to provide counseling and mentoring for at risk or other students as needed. TMS has an innovative faculty consisting of over 50 highly qualified teachers in all content areas, special education, and elective areas.
TMS students have the opportunity to select PreAP classes in the areas of math, science, English language arts, and social studies. TMS math, science, and language arts teachers attended a 40 hour college and career readiness training during the summer of 2015. TMS provides daily, specialized instruction in English language arts for students qualifying for gifted services. All students at TMS receive physical education instruction from a highly qualified physical education teacher on a daily basis. TMS has a certified athletic trainer on staff that is available for any sports program or activity.
Parents, Teachers, and Administrators work closely together as members of the PTO. The PTO provides rewards for student behavior and achievement. The PTO conducts fundraisers throughout the year including dances. The PTO funds grants for teachers each year.All Teachers use INow and Chalkable to report grades and post weekly assignments to their websites to keep parents and students informed of class happenings. Many teachers use Remind as another means to keep parents and students informed. Students of the month are selected by teachers, administrators, and staff. These students are recognized on a bulletin board and invited to a student of the month breakfast. The TMS Child Nutrition Employees provide nutritious meals twice a day for students. The CNP program also allows students choices in their meals by providing a la carte items for sale. Students participating in afterschool activities are provided with a snack and offered dinner as part of a city wide CNP grant.
· TMS has a full sized gymnasium equipped with locker rooms, stage, and concession stand.
· TMS has a practice football field, softball/baseball field, and easy access to soccer fields.
· TMS has a fully equipped and innovative playground for students with special needs.
· TMS has a fully stocked and functional media center which is staffed by a media specialist and aide.
· TMS has 4 fully functional science labs.
· TMS students raise funds for organizations such as JDRF and participate in community service projects such as city wide clean ups or volunteering at animal shelters.
· TMS students participate in annual spelling, geography, and history bees.
· The TMS Choir program offers students the opportunity to perform in at least two annual concerts as well as in the spring musical review. Students also attend a major music festival out of state each year.
· Students in the TMS Band Program perform at school pep rallies, football games, and special events such as a Veterans’ Day program.
· TMS students participate in honor band and all state choir programs.
· TMS students are invited to participate in a large, academic field trip each year. 7th grade students are invited to the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and 8th grade students are invited to attend a New York City history field trip.
· Students are offered elective choice in the areas of art, Spanish, career technology, computer, family and consumer science, broadcasting, journalism, office aide, peer helpers, band, or choir.
· Students that qualify based are grades are invited to join the National Junior Honor Society in the spring of the 7th grade.
· Students participate in an annual homecoming celebration including spirit days, homecoming pep rally, homecoming court, homecoming game, and city wide parade.
· Students at TMS have the opportunity to participate in the following athletic programs.
o Dance Team
o Cross Country
o Indoor Track
o Outdoor Track
· Students at TMS can be involved in the following extracurricular clubs and organizations:
o Scholars Bowl
o Student Council
o Math Team
o First Priority
o Athletic Training
o Chess Team
o Debate Team
o Future Business Leaders of America
o Family Career and Community Leaders of America
o Technology Student Association
o Yearbook Staff
o Newspaper Staff
o Journey Small Group
o Science Club
o Art Rocks
o Anime Club