Welcome to Thompson Intermediate School | Jamelia Hayes, Principal
The vision of the Alabaster City Schools is to partner with families and the community to inspire and prepare graduates to be responsible and productive champions of their future.
Welcome, Thompson Intermediate School Parents, Students, and Community!
Dear TIS Parents,
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Thompson Intermediate School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! We are all here to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential, and you are an integral part of the process. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both home and school. We understand that a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience at 7:45.
2) Completes all homework and daily assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads and practices math facts daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy/numeracy skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject, so that we can collaborate and provide what is needed.
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school, and be a kind person.
Please consider joining our school’s PTO, led by this year’s president, Mrs. Amy Watts. Our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help with various events we will have throughout the school year.
I’m honored to serve as the principal of Thompson Intermediate School. It is great to be a part of a community where students, teachers, and parents care for each other and strive to build meaningful relationships that support academics and the overall well-being of each other.
We are growing forward on purpose!
Yours in service,
Ms. Jamelia Hayes
These values and beliefs guide teaching, learning, and working in the Alabaster City Schools:
1. TIS is a safe, caring, learning community engaged in continuous improvement, committed to the pursuit of excellence, and dedicated to the success of each student.
2. TIS employees are qualified, dedicated, innovative, and student-centered, engaged in continued learning.
3. TIS provides quality instructional programs, enriching extracurricular experiences, and a wide variety of opportunities for students to explore their interests, expand their dreams, and develop their talents.
4. TIS partners with families, business, industry, post-secondary institutions, community agencies, and government to create and sustain outstanding facilities, technology, learning resources, and experiences to maximize student achievement.
5. TIS embraces diversity, promotes respectful relationships, and has high expectations and performance standards for all students and adults.
6. TIS values integrity, open communication, shared responsibility, innovation, and accountability.